aftermarket alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckl5899

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want something with glass break, tire monitor, shock, rocker, and a LED two way remote. it's going in a 2011 Tahoe Z71. What Do you recommend?

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will get varying opinions, but I would go with a Viper 5902, and if $$$ allows, I would add the SmartStart module.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
OmarR is correct. There are many opinions on this. Mine is that you should stick with GM Accessories. They have an Extended Range 2-way remote that'll tell you the tire pressure and give you remote start. Then add the shock and inclination sensors. This combo should give you what you are looking for, plus a remote that'll give you the odometer, fuel gauge reading, and 2 to 3 times the range of the standard remote you already have. Additionally, because it's a 2-way system the truck tells the remote the command went through. I have it and love it. You do need the dealers help on install though as they need to program it to the trucks computer and tell GM your VIN needs to reflect that you have those accessories. There is a vendor (SuperchargedSS) on here that will sell you all 3 items for approximately $350. Dealership install price should be around $200 if you have it all done at the same time.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cbettis42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Viper 5901

I am in the process of putting a viper 5901 on my Tahoe right now. I got it off eBay for 220 and had to buy the bypass that was 50. The 5902 is pretty sweet but if you weren't wanting to spend that much the 5901 is just as cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076