Advice/Prices Needed: 24 Inch Black Swapped for Black 22 Inch CK 375?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miamidolphins561

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am currently in negotiations to sell my 24 Black Marinello Escalade Replicas with Cooper Zeon LTZs. I am considering going with a more simple 22 inch setup with a less expensive tire. I believe the model is CK 375 in Gloss Black, find the image below, I believe the 22 will still give me the desired look, but wouldstill like to have:

1. A quality tire that looks wider from the rear of the vehicle

2. A tire will give my wheels protection from bending (not too thin)

Here are the wheels on ebay, asking $1,045:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190695275681?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Can anyone on this site get these wheels at a better price?
Also What should I expect to pay for both Wheels and Tires?

Many Thanks

Wheels I am Considering:
BlackCK375.jpg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the look of your 24's better. To have those 22's looks good, your gonna need to drop it a couple inches...

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like you have stock suspension, I just ordered the chrome version of the ck375's and they are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Once installed I'll get some pics for ya.

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disagree with 24s crowd. Flat faced 22s in black look bigger than the lighter colored versions as the rim edge blends in with sidewall. Ride quality much better both stop and go power It strikes the ideal balance between function and aesthetic.

Those oem style in gloss black look great! Stick to 285/45s and choose a high quality tire. You may be able to run 305/40s without rubbing. 45s will ride a little better and look less lifted given sidewall. I run toyo proxes st2. Balance perfectly. Butter.

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen the ck375 reps in gloss black on eBay for less than $1k w/o tires. I'll try to find the link and post it up here.

EDIT: found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Single-22x9...Parts_Accessories&hash=item416858009d&vxp=mtr

196.30 + 12.95 shipping per rim, which comes out to ~$837 -- way cheaper then the chrome version I got!!

Also, I got my 305/40/22 Nitto NT420S tires for around $800 from discount tire direct. That's pretty cheap :imo: I'd definitely go with those if I were you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
miamidolphins561

miamidolphins561

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I am not interested in lowering my truck, and I thought that 22's would lessen the rear wheel gap compared with my current set up on 24's. Am I confused on this?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I am not interested in lowering my truck, and I thought that 22's would lessen the rear wheel gap compared with my current set up on 24's. Am I confused on this?

well.....

An OEM truck on GM accessory wheels, will still have a gap in the rear. But since it's an OEM look, it looks OEM. Because you have the Aftermarket look, I'm guessing it will look WORSE than the 24's.

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It is all about visual trickery so no you are thinking along the right path. 22s with its bigger sidewalls will seemingly decrease the wheel gap as compared to the 24s. Wheel gap obviously changes negligibly since no one's so ill informed that they don't run as close to stock diameter as possible in a non lifting scenario.

Most on this forum don't bat an eye to a 4 inch rear lowering job so know your audience. I think at stock height 20s look best but your visual proclivities may find 22s to be quite pleasing. Bottom line: youre headed in the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz