Adjustable Rear Bumpstops 00-13 GM SUV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
$33 Shipped. I've been using these stops for years on the trucks Ive lowered where I cut the rear bumpstop brackets off the frame. Usually on the 5.5 inch rear kits I sell i include small pancake bumpstops but for customers that go more than 3 inches and roll on 305 45 22 in rear or 305 35 24 or on 305 30 26 once you cut the bumpstops bracket off and use the shorter bumpstop I provide it might cause to much travel in rear and in turn tire can hit the fenderlip.

What these bumpstops do is let you fully dial in the most amount of travel without bottoming out tire to fender. So once you cut off the bracket you set the truck down and then measure how much space you have between the tire and the fenderlip so lets say 3 inches. You then go down to the bottom of the axle and measure how many inches before axle hits frame lets say its 5 inches. What you want to do is set the bumpstop up so that you wil have 1/2 inch room to play with so even if it his the bumpstop no way tire can hit the fenderlip and gives you the most travel for room

So for example
3 inches when bottoms out fenderlip on tire
5 inches of clearance from axle to frame
Make bumpstop 2.5 inches tall so gives 1/2 inch cushion

Heres the pic of the bumpstop so you can cut as needed
CIMG0014.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA