Adding subwoofer. Best way to tap audio signal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The subwoofer. There is a guy on here that posted the wiring diagram of the factory amp. One thing that is nice with the lc2i is that it will turn on your amp as soon as there is power so you don’t have to run a remote wire all the way to the front for your amp. But some newer amp already have that built to them.
I tried that on mine it would turn on but cut off so I just ran a remote wire to the upfiter plug location along with power and ground this was on my nnbs

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Qlassic418

Reaction score
I tried that on mine it would turn on but cut off so I just ran a remote wire to the upfiter plug location along with power and ground this was on my nnbs

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Mine is working perfectly.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to have to revive a dead thread but I've been searching the forum looking for an answer and can't find one.

Read thru the thread I am posting in now and also: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...-oem-kicker-200w-powered-subwoofer-kit.93525/

'17 burb LS - no amp. There is only 1 module at the back of the truck. Also 1 plug. I used a test light and tried hitting each wire with key on and off and got nothing. The diagram in this thread shows an 8 pin plug but mine is 14 or so it seems.

From this thread or the "Kicker Kit" thread I have been looking for a blue/brown wire. The instructions form the "Kicker" thread talks about wiring for those with the factory Bose amp. But I don't have one to work with. I had originally thought the plug in the pics below was that factory amp harness but I guess its not.

Any help would be appreciated cause I need to hook up my Scoche LOC90 for high to low convert. I just built a custom fiberglass enclosure for a Skar shallow 12 and a Skar amp. Need to button up the wiring for the amp and then just run power and I am good to go. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20210505_190404.jpg IMG_20210505_190525.jpg IMG_20210505_190535.jpg IMG_20210505_190555.jpg

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hooked up NavTV M650 from the stock sound system to my Audison 5 channel amp then to the JL sub replacing the stock Bose sub, couldn't believe the bass difference, thought I would be having to add the dreaded boxes, but not with this sub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaeG