Adding subwoofer. Best way to tap audio signal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yesac

Reaction score
Going to add a sub in the back of my 17 yukon, not sure on best way to get the audio to the amplifier.

Looks like the subwoofer out is digital (I believe) to the rear factory amp, so could take the amplified signal coming out of the amp and use a line level converter.

Or could take the signal from the rear door speakers and send it to an LC2i converter.

Two different shops recommended these methods. Anyone know which is the best way to do it? Or is there another better way? Thx

OP
OP
Y

yesac

Reaction score
Why not tap into the factory sub?
Can tap the sub signal, I got conflicting advice so wanting to know if someone has a strong recommendation on the best route.

The LC2i line out converter I’ve learned can raise bass levels at higher volumes where the factory will have it fade down to fight distortion. So not sure if it’s advantageous to have that hooked to the door speaker signal or the subwoofer.

Or is it best to have a simple cheap line out converter come out of the subwoofer out...

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on your amp you can skip the LC2. On my Escalade I went from the stock sub signal right into my JL amp. Just used the the JL RCA to speaker output cables.

Qlassic418

Reaction score
Thanks. Did you tap the subwoofer out or the door speakers?
The subwoofer. There is a guy on here that posted the wiring diagram of the factory amp. One thing that is nice with the lc2i is that it will turn on your amp as soon as there is power so you don’t have to run a remote wire all the way to the front for your amp. But some newer amp already have that built to them.

Qlassic418

Reaction score
The subwoofer. There is a guy on here that posted the wiring diagram of the factory amp. One thing that is nice with the lc2i is that it will turn on your amp as soon as there is power so you don’t have to run a remote wire all the way to the front for your amp. But some newer amp already have that built to them.

2C18A41F-9FDC-4729-87F8-AAF371CC310F.jpeg

Mighty02tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you go with a line out converter use a PAC Audio one, they're inexpensive quality items

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tapped the factory sub on my 2014 ..i used the lc2i

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog