Adding Rear Sway Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Several years ago, I put a 6" RC Lift on my 1999 2-Door Tahoe. I have never really liked how the body roll is. My Tahoe did not come with rear sway bars. Who can hook me up with a link to buy some aftermarket rear sway bar links to help control my body roll. TIA

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Heres what I came up with. Looking at the reviews, it appears many have put these on their 2 doors.

Anyone know of anything better than this option?

TIA
I can't help with your 2 door, but Hellwig makes a helluva product. I replaced my stock swaybars with Hellwigs on my 03 and what a difference. A few of us with NBS have made the swap to Hellwigs and all of us are extremely happy with their product. I'd say go for it.

Myfirstz71

Reaction score
I second the Helwig. On advice from here I replaced both front and rear sway bars in my 2011. Huge difference.

As stated by others, not sure how this will effect a two door.

OP
OP
bunchz71

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly think it will be night and day difference. With the torsion bars cranked up on front and no stability on the rear, i have always hated how touchie the front steering was. I dont know why I never thought about it being body roll. I will definitely keep you guys updated. I am almost positive this will fix my problem and make this Tahoe enjoyable to drive, even on the windy days here in the Texas Panhandle.

OP
OP
bunchz71

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the reviews from verified purchasers from amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_2486.png
    IMG_2486.png
    764.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2487.png
    IMG_2487.png
    631.2 KB · Views: 5

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took this suggestion and ordered front bars as well. Cant wait to get em on. Thanks
While you are waiting for the Hellwigs to arrive, I recommend that you establish a benchmark for your current suspension setup. Then, after installing the Hellwigs, you can actually measure the performance improvement.

@OR VietVet and I have our specific cloverleaf ramps/lanes in which we set our benchmarks and then measured the results after the Hellwigs installation, and the results were quite impressive. I got over a 5 mph improvement in speed while traversing my benchmark ramp. BUT, the most impressive aspect of the Hellwigs, is that I achieve this mph gain, with almost NO body roll at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunchz71

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the bars in. Front installed no problem, but these install directions for the rear suck @$$, similar to the RCX 6”lift kit. And of course cant find anything on youtube for the 1999 hoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo