ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOVA99

Reaction score
I have read the manual and searched the 'net' to no avail regarding my question/concern below: If anyone has a permanent solution please post.

Can you turn-off or permanently disable the ACC in the 2015 Denali? This shit sucks and I hate it. If you want to drive erratically like the rest of the idiots on the road that go 64 mph one minute and 82 mph the next because they are texting on their phones in the left lane, then use ACC and follow one. This excerbates the problem, not to mention it is very unstable. I despise ACC.

GM - If anybody is trolling give me some advice on how to dismantle (i mean disable) please!

Thx

Ajmalian

Reaction score
Me too bro....I hate that crap. I wish there was some way to have good 'ol fashioned cruise control. The dealership for Lexus here in Dubai claims they simply remove some fuse and their LX570 becomes old school as far as cruise control is concerned.

Hope GM has a same/similar solution too.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must be one of the minority as I love this feature. I use it all the time. i set it at my cruise speed and roll. I personally like the near gap setting. It auto brakes at a good distance then I switch lanes and resumes my cruising speed.

Now if you follow erratic car then you can feel like a YO YO but it will follow at the right distance and will go back to the set speed when it's clear.

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you jl. Love it, works great. Owners manual shows you how to turn the ACC off and just use normal cruise control, but not permanently.

gary645

Reaction score
I too like the ACC - my only problem is the following distances. I've timed mine in seconds from the car I'm following. Far = 1 second, Medium = .9 second, Near = .8 second. They are too close for me. I'd prefer Far - 3 seconds, Medium - 2 seconds, Near - 1 second. These times are the same at any speed, i.e. at lower speeds the distance in car lengths is lower and at higher speeds the distance in car lengths is higher. Anyone else done the same tests? What results do you get?

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary, I'd seen you post somewhere else (should probably not hijack this one and post there). I took note of the distances you quoted. Mine isn't that bad at all. At 60mh I got a little over 2 sec. at the mid setting and about 3 at the far using the 1 one thousand method. I was going to use my phone as a stop watch to verify, but nowhere near 1 second at the far setting.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary, I agree with ScottV on this one. Mine does great also as most others who have posted in your thread. I feel for you though as having issues is a PITA. I went through a replacement on mine and it was a hassle but worked out in the end. I would start at the bottom with service and work my way up. If you don't get satisfaction it sounds like it could be a safety issue and you may qualify for the Lemon Law in your state. Google it and start the process and don't give up. We paid too much for our trucks. Good luck.

gary645

Reaction score
ACC issues - thank you ScottV and Tahoe14

Gents - thanks for your comments. The older thread seemed to go dead so I tried this one for new ideas. My Service Manager says he has hit a dead end so I contacted my nephew who works for GM in Detroit and he has asked the ACC product manager to call me - haven't heard from him yet so still waiting. It sounds like your ACC's work the way I wish mind did so maybe there is a solution by replacing my ACC. Will pursue that next. Thanks again!

OP
OP
N

NOVA99

Reaction score
Dealer confirmed ACC cannot be disabled. Disappointing. It could be used in "normal" or standard mode or ACC mode in my BMW. Oh well...

GMMasterTech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can prevent cruise braking . Just disable FAB forward automatic braking.
Page 170 in online pdf manual or check your hard copy. Fixed my 2017 Denali

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick