AC Quit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

555hp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also, since you clutch is not working, you need to make sure you are jumping the low side switch (the high side is the one next to thee condensor). FYI, a low charge normally allows the compressor to kick on for two seconds before the low side switch shuts it off.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is a basic OBDII all I need to program new sensor.? It is my understanding the bad sensor blocks Jumping the pressure switch to turn on the clutch. So I will try the clutch jump it I can get to it, Any trick to get to it?
I never heard that. There is a pressure switch at the coal dryer, That switch is not programmable and it's only sense is to make sure that the compressor is only engaged, when there is enough refrigerant, to prevent the compressor from damage.

Earlier you wrote something about a programmable temperature sensor. Where do you have that information from?

And again. Do logical research. Measure the pressure switch. It must be open, when there is enough refrigerant. Measure if at the compressor is 12v when ac is on. If not bring 12v on the connector and look if it's start to get cool. If not you are in lack of refrigerant.

Post the results that we can continue to look for the problem.

OP
OP
B

Bigfish95971

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is no high and low without the compressor running. I tried putting in some fluid but the pressure on my little gauge jumped to the red with very little, again without the compressor running.
Finally found the plug to the clutch, had to come in out of the heat for a bit. Will back out and check with voltmeter and jump it soon.
Not quite 100 yet but will be soon

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no high and low without the compressor running. I tried putting in some fluid but the pressure on my little gauge jumped to the red with very little, again without the compressor running.
Finally found the plug to the clutch, had to come in out of the heat for a bit. Will back out and check with voltmeter and jump it soon.
Not quite 100 yet but will be soon
I don't know if this is the right way to get an air conditioner under control. An air conditioning system is not really complex, but it requires precise work. Alonger vacuum must be drawn if the system was leaking, so that any moisture is evacuated from the system. It must be checked whether the system is tight and it must be filled with the right amount of oil and the right amount of coolant so that it can function.

From my experience, this is only possible with an appropriate air conditioning service unit, which I own.

With all these do-it-yourself things and then somehow fill in a bit of liquid, I don't think much of that unless you really know what you're doing.

Don't get me wrong this is my just my experience..

OP
OP
B

Bigfish95971

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update, HELP? Mirror temp is fine after new sensor. Changed other HVAC air temp sensor, did update by removing fuse, updated fine.

Took it to a shop diagnosis, they said it was way low and filled it and did not turn on clutch yet. i jumped clutch prior and the solenoid worked the clutch.

The scanned it and it said no communication between the AC control unit and the PCM, and said it needed the control unit.

Bought used one from same Cadilac or Tahoe. Installed no change. Still no signal to the clutch.

So PCM, Wires Plug, something else?
Thoughts, ideas, have same issue?

OP
OP
B

Bigfish95971

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you jump the compressor clutch wire somewhere up top or do you have to unplug it to get to it?
Maybe at the relay or is there another switch in line somewhere?

OP
OP
B

Bigfish95971

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am surprised considring how many mmillions of Chevy/GM trucks there are out there. The Dodge Cummins Diesel forum where I am one of the major contributors. I think I will repost it in a Chevy truck forum.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Out of 18 total responses by you and three others here, you had suggestions on threads #2, #5, #8, #10, #12 and #14. Some of us asked repeated questions with no responses back about some of the suggestions. Then your patience wears thin. Sometimes I see people needing help and the chronological order of events is not there and then suggestions are made and if the attempt was made at all to see if the suggestion helped or not and no responses about them. I am old enough that I just get lost in it. I know that one of us asked about the pressures in the system and all you responded about was a gauge on the suicide charge cans you get at the parts store. In short...I give up. I do hope you get it figured but I am not the one to keep trying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts