AC Climate Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingkon

Reaction score
I bought this truck a couple of months ago and had it parked. Yesterday I picked it up from where I had it stored. The couple of times I've driven it it has been good. The AC has worked correctly. Last night on my way home, from a 140 mile trip, the AC started first blowing out of the floor then after a while not cold. The climate control still changes the blower speed, but the AC and Recirculate LEDS are not lit after being lit when I first started the trip. The knob to select where the air is to come out from doesn't do anything either. Any ideas? Truck is a 96 2 door.

FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender2.jpg

OP
OP
kingkon

kingkon

Reaction score
All the blower speeds work except high. It only blows hot so I wouldn't know if the temp knob makes a change and the knob to change where the air comes out of doesn't do anything, it only blows out of the floor. I searched around and I think it's the whole climate controller. I found this: http://www.silveradosierra.com/how-...k-series-trucks-hvac-control-unit-t77522.html
Mine fits the description in Problem 1

OP
OP
kingkon

kingkon

Reaction score
image.jpeg I took this picture of the top of the climate controller today. You can see a burnt spot on the left of the board.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
on the inline connector in the back of the control head the dark green wire next to a black one should have 12v on that wire only when the blower switch is in the off position only. and have no voltage on it when a speed is selected. key must be on and control head fully plugged in. do not short out the control head. it is easy to do.

OP
OP
kingkon

kingkon

Reaction score
Thanks. Another question, I won't be using the rear defroster. The current climate controller has the defroster button, will one without the defroster button work?