A slightly different question about keys ( I know you dont believe me)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlang

Reaction score
Ok so in order to retain a softer ride I am thinking about going with your typical keys up front and just the z71 springs out back. However I want to add a 1.5" body lift from a Silverado (from what I read they have enough pucks just not the proper bolts needed? can any one confirm?) to get the overall rough 3" that most aim to get out of Keys, Spacers and springs. The goal is to reduce the torsion on the bars and reduce angles on everything up front.

My hard core wheeling days are behind me but I cant roll stock. I do put my drift boat down some ****** ramps pretty far away from others so the extra tire height and clearance is for insurance.

So the question is how much are you guys actually cranking your ford keys to get it level with Z71 springs and spacers? I am wondering if ford keys backed off are going to be to high? Or do you still have to crank them up a bit?

Thanks for any input.

Rob88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lets address the body lift question first. I used the Zone kit for the 99-02 Silverado on my Tahoe. You have to get 4 additional bolts for the body mounts, everything else is there. It also doesn't have brackets for the rear bumper but it looks okay as is.

Lift keys... The difference in the aftermarket keys and the stock keys is indexing. Aftermarket keys let you crank your T- bars more than the stock keys do before bottoming out. That's it. 2" of crank on stock keys is going to ride exactly like 2" on aftermarket or Ford keys, you just cant get as much twist with the stock ones before you run out of adjusting bolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE