a/c,voltage,squeeking issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so first off my voltage drops (a/c on or not)when not on the gas and when i let it idle for a min or two it will slowly climb back to 14v. while the voltage is dropping ive noticed that the air gets warm and doesnt cool off again until i rev the engine bringing the voltage back up. also there was a squeeking noise coming from the a/c pulley area whenever the vehicle is running. now the noise is gone and every so often when i stop at a light i smell a tiny bit of burnt rubber....my dianosis is that the tensioner was going bad and has now seized causing a drag in the whole pulley system and also causing the a/c belt to burn a lil....i will be replacing the tensioner and belt tomorrow since that is the cheaper thing to troubleshoot....the fan is still running and the air is very cool when the voltage is up, what do you guys think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16