A/C snowflake light blinks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdaddyyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi again. I just fix one problem and I'm having another, went to go use the A/C and the light blinks 3 times then turns off not allowing the A/C to come on. the blower comes on, everything else lights up if I need them to but the A/C. I tried a couple things with no success, not sure if it's low on Freon. I mean the a/c was working nice and cold but now the a/c won't even come on. Anyone come across this issue and have tips? Thank you.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hi again. I just fix one problem and I'm having another, went to go use the A/C and the light blinks 3 times then turns off not allowing the A/C to come on. the blower comes on, everything else lights up if I need them to but the A/C. I tried a couple things with no success, not sure if it's low on Freon. I mean the a/c was working nice and cold but now the a/c won't even come on. Anyone come across this issue and have tips? Thank you.

A Tech2 would tell you everything you need to know...

But here is some info... hope it helps...

GM has issued a technical service bulletin #09-01-38-004: INFORMATION FOR VEHICLES WITH HVAC CONTROL MODULE A/C AND RECIRCULATION INDICATORS FLASHING. The bulletin applies to the following vehicles:

2008–2010 Buick Enclave
2007–2010 Cadillac Escalade Models
2007–2010 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2009–2010 Chevrolet Traverse
2007–2010 GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL
2007–2010 Saturn OUTLOOK

The A/C light is designed to flash and disallow A/C operation if any of the following conditions are present:

Ambient air temperature (AAT) is too cold (35 degrees or colder)
Vehicle system voltage is less than 9.5 volts
Refrigerant pressure is too low
Refrigerant pressure is too high
Engine coolant temperature (ECT) is too high
Engine is not in RUN
HVAC Control Head is in the OFF position

Fix these issues and try the A/C again

Also just found this...

If the vehicle is equipt with an ambient air temperature display, the sensor also prevents the AC clutch from engaging if the outside air is below as certain tempreture. To test, turn the AC on. Press and hold the AC button at the same time as you press and hold the recirculate button. Hold for 5 to 8 seconds. If this is the cause of the issue, the AC will kick on and you will hear the compressor clutch engage. This should also reset the sensor and correct the issue.

Give it a try and let us know what happens.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fagnerbnm

Latest posts