a/c problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe5.7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1998 Tahoe 2 door single air....im having issues with my a/c system not being cold enough, i recently changed compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube along with a flush and a vacuum. worked fine for a bit, but now its back the way it was before what else could it be? local shop told me it could be my electrical fans not helping the condenser and that i should put the original clutch fan back? another thing is that inside the cab it seems that the recirculation is not working how can i check that? anybody had any problems like this? really appreciate any help! and well its to hot to drive with a faulty a/c here in Texas!

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
did you loose the ****** charge? check the recirc like this. put the temp in the mid setting with air on and off. does either way work? now with a/c turned on and recirc button released turn the temp knob to full cold and you should feel the indentation in the knob. does the recirc activate then?

OP
OP
T

tahoe5.7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
did you loose the ****** charge? check the recirc like this. put the temp in the mid setting with air on and off. does either way work? now with a/c turned on and recirc button released turn the temp knob to full cold and you should feel the indentation in the knob. does the recirc activate then?

when you press on or off on the recirc button there is no difference made still blows the same, i decided to take it back to my local mechanic and he told me i could close the recirc door manually and leave it like that but i can't seem to find a video or tips on where the recirc door is located! another thing he told me is that for the obs the blower does not blow tons of air out through the vents like the newer models and my question is that true? or is there a replacement blower that i can put to make it blow more air?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
i like to see how you can manually closed a motor-operated door manually as well. especially when it is an automatic return type that opens when there is no power to it. and what happened to it the other way I mentioned to test it? it is buried in the back of the fan housing area. i can not even get my hand back there to get the motor off. yes they do not move tons of air. likely the design of components. have not known of a solution to this.

OP
OP
T

tahoe5.7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
another thing i was told if that my e-fans are not helping out, that my a/c will work better with my oem clutch fan? he said that my e-fans are not strong enough to let air flow properly thru a/c condenser and radiator like its suppose to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667