A/C Not blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tridaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 04 Yukon XL has the automatic climate control. I can feel cold air at the vents, but the fan does not change speed, whether it is manually changed or on auto. Sitting still you can just feel the air at the vent , but at highway speed it is being forced out. The rear a/c is working fine, I think it is a separate system though. My battery died the night before the problem started, could this have caused a problem? I am the original owner and I have never had a problem with it.

phonedrn8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the fan resistor board is bad common problem it located on the fan unit under the dash about $49.00 and 1 hour changing it out

OP
OP
T

Tridaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, is there a way to test it on the bench with a meter or o-scope?

Todd

OP
OP
T

Tridaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have a service manual which they could share the procedure to test, remove, replace the A/C fan blower motor and the fan resistor board?

Thanks

sticks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have a service manual which they could share the procedure to test, remove, replace the A/C fan blower motor and the fan resistor board?

Thanks

With all the time you'll spend testing the resistor, you could just change it. They are fairly cheap to replace and I think that it's gone bad by the symptoms you're giving.

OP
OP
T

Tridaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The problem is I do not know where the part resides, or what I have to do to get at it. Being my main mode of transportation, I would like to minimize me down time.

jfranco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You don't have a fan resistor board, none of the yukons with auto climate control do. I've got one apart right now. Instead you've got a blower control module, can't get it at advance auto/autozone and from the dealer its ~175 bones.

HAYN_HO

Reaction score
sorry to "thread jack"
my 06 has a problem where the a/c blows hot&cold but #'s 5 went out and now # 4 just went out according to my wife..im on deployment right now and will be home really soon so i am going off of what she told me..

any ideas what the problem might be and is it easy to fix or should i save myself the hassle and send it to a shop to fix?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lady112210