A/C just quit working...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJDrums

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's not totally dead...yet

I jumped in my '05 Yukon Denali (only 58K miles) just about an hour ago to go get some lunch and noticed the air was hardly blowing and wasn't very cold. It's going to be 96 today, 105 tomorrow and 107 Saturday...

When I got in, the air was cool and faintly blowing. After I ate, it was hardly blowing at all....

I obviously need to have it looked at but are there any common problems with the A/C I should know about?

Thank you!

Chad

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the actual air blowing....Id check the blower motor. Google or search it, they are known to go out and many have posted the reasons and solutions.

Not being cold, check to make sure you have enough refrigerant. Also make sure the compressor is actually kicking on

anguyen325

Reaction score
everyting Screwdup6 said and check the A/C relay. you can bring it to advanced autoparts or autozone and they should be able to test it for u

HDTECH

Reaction score
What about when you turn the A/C on in a 2000 (new) LT and it screams like a banshee with no cold air?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB12