96 Yukon Will not stay on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbaez2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello to all I am Will and I am new to the forum. I am having problems with my 96 Yukon 5.7 Vortec, It will not start unless fuel is added to throttle body however ofcourse after seconds it will shut off. I checked fuel pressure and it is good but spark plugs are new and my buddy told me he put the spider in before I bought it from him. Please anybody suggestions? I am not a Mechanic nor am I even close to that I am just a guy who wants to get his truck started. LOL Oh and with limited funds.

OP
OP
J

Jbaez2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
RE

I went and got new cap/rotor spark plugs and wires. I put gas in throttle body start it and it runs for however long youd like. When you put it in gear or give it alot of gas it bogs down and shuts off PLEASE HELP

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
Probably put the injectors in the wrong holes.

I hate it when you put your injector in the wrong hole...hahaha...sorry I had to.. You said you checked the fuel pressure...what pressure are you getting?

OP
OP
J

Jbaez2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
okay so update I got the truck running the spider pins inside the male piece one of the pins were bent. Replaced it with new one and replaced fuel pump as pressure was 45 psi. New problem the truck bucks with brake on when u put in drive or reverse. Ideas?

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
is it possible you have a vacuum leak somewhere? also are you getting any codes and are there any stored?

OP
OP
J

Jbaez2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New update runs solid now but push brakes and its very hard to stop damn near cant stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts