95 yukon 4x4 ac and heat control and 4x4 only working sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David_Turpin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 95 yukon 4x4 and this morning my heat and ac controls quit working and my 4x4 wouldn't work. Then it started all to work again also the little light that indicates if it is in park or drive quit working at the same time. Can anyone help me to locate this electrical problem

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a wire bundle that runs from the steering column down to the firewall which likely has an issue. Mine is a '99 and had similar issues. Mine also would have the "Service 4wd" light come on when I tried to turn the fan on.

I can't guarantee that this will solve it, but it's worth a look. I had a shop diagnose it and fix it for around $600.

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 95 yukon 4x4 and this morning my heat and ac controls quit working and my 4x4 wouldn't work. Then it started all to work again also the little light that indicates if it is in park or drive quit working at the same time. Can anyone help me to locate this electrical problem

The 1995 model climate control is not interchangeable with any other year. It is its own entity not to be compared to any other year.

OP
OP
D

David_Turpin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't update. I did find the problem...I had a ground strap on the back of the engine block not making good connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts