95 Yukon 2wd 6 lug conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

nine5yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the six new lugs come on the new rotor. the reference vehicle is a 96 2500 chevy 7200 GVW(not the 8000 lb) with 6 lugs, i got them from autozone. youll need a 6 lug axle from a 2wd donor vehicle for the rear.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Impressive...Wish I could go lower in the front but I have turning issues!

imomo713

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so what is needed to do the rear conversion from 5 lug to 6 lug on a 2wd?
edit post: sorry if I had read more carfully 95 yukon answered. so a rear axle from a 6 lug is needed, is there any fitment issues from a 4x4 to 2wd?

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nine5yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, most new 6 lug axles are wider than 5 lug, especially the 4x4 compared to 2wd.

i wanna say the 02 ext cab sport axle im using is about 4" wider than my stock axle.

no doubt Riviera, there has to be a easy way. worste case i guess you gould get a 1 ton front clip grafted in? the rear would be easy axle swap, maybe move tabs/narrow but easy none the less.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get custom axes made for the rear. It's not much more then regular axles and it's alot easier to swap then doing a whole rear end. I bet if you searched a bit you will find a set of 6 lug axles that are really close to the right size. I'm thinking an older Suburban or Blazer would be really close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16