'92 dash lights will not come on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSborn882007

Reaction score
Just to clarify,I used the search but couldn't find anything so if I missed a helpful thread,my apologies. I just bought the truck today and whenever I turn the headlights on,the dash lights won't come on. Also,when the headlights are off all the AC lights work but as soon as I turn the headlights on then the AC lights go out. The guy I bought it from said he checked the fuses an looked for a short but no luck. Haven't had the time to look into it yet so just trying to get as much info as possible before I start. Thanks

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your fuse. If good, then check for power at the switch. If you have power, then it's the switch. If you have no power, then it's a wiring issue or ground issue.

If you happen to need a dimmer switch, I may have on for your interior style out of a 1993 OBS pick up. Let me know if interested.

OP
OP
M

MSborn882007

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I don't have anything to check power but i know somebody that has a spare 91 truck to get parts off when I go home so I'm just hoping its a switch since all the fuses are good. Thanks for the input

OP
OP
M

MSborn882007

Reaction score
So I tried replacing the headlight switch but didn't fix it. Dimmer still turns on the domes so it's good. Any other ideas?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I got the problem on my 94 gonna check the gray wire. Its a ground that controls it

OP
OP
M

MSborn882007

Reaction score
I played with the dimmer an my ac heater finally started lighting up with the headlights so I replaced the dimmer just to see if it would help. No luck an the ac heater stopped lighting up once again. Haven't found any ground issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts