6.2 what kind of mpg are you getting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Send a new log to Justin, he may be able to diagnose any mechanical problems. Otherwise, might just be your driving style.

Sent from an ice cream sammich.

joshuaryan

Reaction score
In reply to the op's original question on mileage...

I'm at 60k miles on my 08 Denali with awd. I average around 13.2 all city, 16.4 mixed, and if I'm just taking it easy on the freeway I'm between 18 and 22mpg depending on traffic and speed. Don't know if that helps or not. Best of luck with your project. For comparison sake, I am currently bone stock... for now. Hope to have HP adders and mileage robbers here in the future... :naughty:

I get similar results as well. Slightly worse on e-85 but that is to be expected and I only run it when the price margin is greater than 30%.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In reply to the op's original question on mileage...

I'm at 60k miles on my 08 Denali with awd. I average around 13.2 all city, 16.4 mixed, and if I'm just taking it easy on the freeway I'm between 18 and 22mpg depending on traffic and speed. Don't know if that helps or not. Best of luck with your project. For comparison sake, I am currently bone stock... for now. Hope to have HP adders and mileage robbers here in the future... :naughty:

This

63k on 2007. 13.3 now mix, plus some towing miles.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OP- any update on MPGs, now that the superchip issue was sorted out? We have had a few other folks who had previously had handhelds on their vehicles, that also caused the same problems you had.

Sent from a jelly bean.

OP
OP

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin got the superchip issues with the sloppy shifting worked out and sent me a new Tcm tune. It was fine for a while now i don't like how it shifts on light pedal acceleration. Sometimes it's smooth sometimes it bangs into gear. Only on 2nd to third. I guess it learned me getting on it and doesn't like light to light traffic. I did end up getting up to 10 mpg ( so 2 mpg increase ) after last tune. I still need to dial in the Tcm. I am currently running the sport tune with no torque management because I don't like the other. Just haven't had the time to reach out to Justin.

So overall yes it's possible to get better mpg on your 6.2 with a bbt and still have a much faster responsive truck.

If you have had a handheld tune prior make sure you let Justin know several times so he does not miss giving you the reset procedure. He is a busy guy.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think someone just needs to learn how to drive all over again. getting good fuel economy is more than driving cautiously, it's about how consistently. it's how you take off from the light, how you get up to speed, how you slow down and how fast you drive. anything over 60 mph and you mileage will suffer. I see a lot of you guys live in Texas and I don't see how you get anything for MPG on the interstate. I started driving in 1976 and gas was cheap then. I didn't care what my car got for MPG, it was a hot rod and I drove it accordingly. Then fuel prices started to climb and I started to change my setup. cam was changed, intake and carb was changed, tuned it differently and ended up with a happy medium. As I got older I had my Daily Driver and I had my hot rod so fuel economy wasn't a big deal anymore. later in life I had my dedicated track day car and my daily Driver was still there to get things moved from point A to point B. Yes I drive different now, fuel is a big expense that I need to get every mpg out of. so a little self discipline goes a long way to getting better MPG. If your getting 11-12 in town and 17-19 on the interstate, call it good and just enjoy the truck for it is. if you really need to get better MPG for commuting by a VW diesel or a chevy Volt or even the new Tesla S. Just get to a happy point with your 08 and drive it. If you cant get happy with it buy something you can be happy with.

NaomiSays

Hot Tamalé!
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What are your fuel trims and WOT AFR? Sounds like the tune probably needs a little adjusting. Cleaning the top end definitely wont hurt either.

MABX13

Reaction score
Thats horrible gas mileage . id rather be driving a hummer with those numbers

ChickenForker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2013 with 305/55/22's and seem to average in the 11/12's around town and 16ish on the highway. But only have about 3k miles on her, so not sure if she's broke in yet! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo