5.3L hard start when warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might also run through all the stuff you had to undo/redo for the last repair; my money says a clip or other pressure fit part was not as snug as it originally was. Man, I am so sorry this has been such a pain for you. I don't wish this kind of crap on anyone.

Bobsquatch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks S33k3r, you are probably right. The passenger side injector nearest the firewall was fighting me. I'm not sure if the terminals short in the connector what happens. If it holds the injector open, that would explain it. Dumping fuel into the cylinder while I was bleeding air from the fuel rail matches my situation. I'm going to troubleshoot as much as possible without pulling the heads looking for easy. Chances are I will have to pull the engine and get into it. Well if it comes to that at least I will get to find and fix the oil leak on the rear of the engine. Should probably rebuild the transmission while I have it apart. Not looking forward to this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo