4wd wiring/circuit schematic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe.mkIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
greetings ladies and gents.long post ahead...
does anyone have a 4wd wiring schematic for a 1999 tahoe- 5.7- NP8tc?

reason being, a week or two ago i had the interior of the truck apart(steam cleaned the carpets.installed heated seat elements and some new leather up front.pulled seats & center console).the only wiring i cut/removed were the 1ground & 1power wires that ran to the 6disc cd changer in the the console & the hardwired fm transmitter by the steering column.i also removed the tv & vcr(thats right.a vcr) that were in the console.now i have a few electrical gremlins...
biggest one being no 4wd.the 4wd dash switch had been on its way out(intermittant lights, had to push it hard,but it always worked/shifted) so i figured it was that and just replaced it.no dice.the white letters are all illuminated but none of the orange indicator lights are illuminated.press the button nothing happens dont hear or feel it shift.fuses are ok.could the cd changer have been wired into the 4wd circuit? or could the carpet steamer gotten a connection under the carpet too wet? or maybe it was somehow tied into the jumble of wires underneath the console?
also.could be related, or not.when i got the interior back in, the drivers power lumbar kept blowing the fuse(so it is currently unplugged)
the heated/cooled cupholders and the power leads for the tv&vcr in the console also no longer have power(not really a problem cause i dont use them)
thanks for reading this far.
any schematics/input/suggestions/help will be greatly appreciated.thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
No connector under carpet for wd functions and the 4wd system used 3 different fuses. 2 of those were dedicated to that system only. Either your dash switch is out, the tccm module is bad or you may have lost power thru one of the two dedicated fuses.

OP
OP
tahoe.mkIII

tahoe.mkIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found it.dug around in the dash this morning.last week when i was looking for the short in the cig lighter/dash lights/power lumbar circuit i pulled the dash bezel off.when i pushed it back on the wires on the back of the 4wd dash switch got crimped/pinched and 2 were broken inside the insulation.it didnt short out either fuse though.couple crimp unions and its good to go.as always thanks for the input mr comet...know anything about the power lumbar pump/system?as soon as i plug in the connector under the seat it blows the fuse.ideas?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
That fuse should be a circuit. The power feed feed all the functions on that seat. Start by taking out the switch assembly carefully and check for damaged wiring there to start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n