4L60E slow to engage and no 4th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife's vehicle.drove it home for her from picking up kids and it only wanted to go from 1st to 3rd. Fluid wasnt showing on stick when I got home. Filled it up with proper fluid. Drove around and got 2nd back, but 4th wont engage at any speed(got up to 80). When I'm cruising at 30-50 and let off gas, it drops off in rpm as if it's not holding the gear. It wont engage until I get the rpms back up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the fluid, filter, and both solenoids. Nothing changed.

97oldhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wife's vehicle.drove it home for her from picking up kids and it only wanted to go from 1st to 3rd. Fluid wasnt showing on stick when I got home. Filled it up with proper fluid. Drove around and got 2nd back, but 4th wont engage at any speed(got up to 80). When I'm cruising at 30-50 and let off gas, it drops off in rpm as if it's not holding the gear. It wont engage until I get the rpms back up.

Did you find the fix

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it drives normal accept overdrive, i would be curious to try something..

when driving with the trans in overdrive what does the rpm do when you let off the throttle? drop to idle or does the engine slow it down a little. repeat the same thing with it a gear down.

the engine should try to slow the truck some, if the rpm drops to idle i would say overdrive is gone in the trans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts