3in Muffler Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkrasner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm planing on getting a Dynomax 17233 muffler, which is 3in offset in and center 3in out. (see here: https://www.amazon.com/Dynomax-17233-Ultra-Welded-Muffler/dp/B000CIT29A). What do I need to properly install this myself, I'm away from my truck right now and trying to get stuff ordered?

I assume I will at least need a 2.75in to 3in adapter for each side, or a new pipe out the back, and clamps? Can anyone recommend the best course of action? I'm not really proficient enough to weld it, and am on a budget, so I don't want to do anything crazy.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not get that ultraflow over a ****** Aerochamber. Go to Youtube and search, you see the aerochamber is the superior muffler. And yeah youre gonna need to weld it. Just take it to a muffler shop.

OP
OP
L

lkrasner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not get that ultraflow over a ****** Aerochamber. Go to Youtube and search, you see the aerochamber is the superior muffler. And yeah youre gonna need to weld it. Just take it to a muffler shop.
I've heard good things about the ultraflow. I don't want anything too loud. Should I do all the cutting myself so it just needs to be welded in place, or is it not going to be much more to have them do the full job?

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can hear all the things you want but the sound clips dont lie. Volume is the same between the two but the ****** has a better tone while the ultraflow is more noise then anything. I almost bought one and glad i didnt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20