305/55 20 nitto TG's on 20x9 need lift!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samtman18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got these tires and wheels 305/55 20 Nitto Trail Grapplers with XD Spy 20x9 -12 Os & 4.5" Bs. Rubs washer fluid bottle after trimming. No mods to suspension. Any suggestions, keys, spacers, 4" lift? (don't want 6" lift)

Attachments

• IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 177

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
That offset on stock height is not gona work without good trimming. Keys and spacers will help but I think you need at least 4" lift to not rub. With the 4" lift you still may rub the bottom corners of the bumper. I am trying to confirm with a 20x9 wheel on keys/spacer lift will not rub with a 0 offset and I know it will clear a +12 offset.

OP
OP
samtman18

samtman18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna have to get a 4" lift from what i've been reading here. A lift would probably be overall better fit and ride. Any suggestions on lifts? Should i replace shocks when lifted?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I would go with BDS, they have the best warranty and get Bilstien 5100 series shocks made for the 4" lift. The 4" looks real good with 33s and makes it a tough stance but not huge.

OP
OP
samtman18

samtman18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it looks better from different angles. Will be getting better pics soon (the wife had to take it out of town the day after i put the wheels on). Going back and forth between 4" lift and 2" keys/spacers(only 150 on ebay). I have trimmed everything that i can and dont mind if it rubs a little when flexing since i dont do any rough offroad. Maybe keys will get me by til i can drop 2k on a lift. Thanks for all the info. This forum is great. I'll keep yall posted.

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same problem here...but i fixed it...
Pull out the washer res and remove all the fittings. where the tire rubs, heat it with a propane torch carefully. you want to get it soft, but not damage it. once its soft, push it in with something like a small block of wood and let it cool pushed it. you may need to push pretty hard. Keep repeteing this as needed. do just a bit at a time, so you dont damage it. Then put it back in and pull the inner fender back from the tire by drilling two small holes in the inner fender and looping a zip tie throught it and back to something secure.

It sounds a bit rough, but the tank is not seen behind the inner fender and the zip tie is black so it blends in. you have to get on you knees wit a flashlight to even see it.

I got about 1.5 - 2 inches of clearance out of it. You will need at least keys.

I have a similar setup (20x8 rims though) and have no rubbing on the washer res after a year like this. the res doesnt leak either.

Good luck!

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keys and 2 inch spacers in the back and new shocks....

OP
OP
samtman18

samtman18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks bil, i will do that. What kind of measurments do you have to your fenders? I have 38 1/2 at all 4. Does ne one know what to expect with the 2" spacers and keys? Thanks again

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installing keys and spacers isnt that hard but can be done at a local shop pretty cheaply. My suggestion is to get new shocks though, i think its one or 2 sizes bigger than stock is what works out well. Make sure you flip the rear shock bolts so the nut is on the inside and not extending facing towards your tires. Other than that its fairly straight forward. I did my 02 this way. Worked great, ride was good but thats only if you dont max out the spacers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayden with 2011 y