2speed transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlstyley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase 2015/16 tahoe/yukon with a 2 speed transfer case. It can be challenging to tell on used vehicles, short of seeing a pic of the dash with the 4wd knob. Is there some way to easily identify? Is it a standard part of a package? Would also like bucket 2nd row, but that's less critical.

Thanks

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it was on two packages:

Z71 - can be seen by emblems on outside.

Max Tow - have to look at the options on glovebox door or look for air shocks underneath. But I'm not sure air shocks would be a sure thing as I think LTZs had them as well.

Jorgez28

Reaction score
How could you tell if you have a 2 speed. Would there be a hi and low 4 wheel drive setting?

Ken G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On any of the new Tahoe's the only way to get the 2-speed Tcase is in either the Z71 (it is standard) or with the Max Trailer Pkg which gives you the 2-speed, Trailer brake, 3:42 ratio, and rear load leveling suspension on LS & LT's, the LTZ already has it with the MRC. But this is an old as I see now so you probably already know haha.

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
On any of the new Tahoe's the only way to get the 2-speed Tcase is in either the Z71 (it is standard) or with the Max Trailer Pkg which gives you the 2-speed, Trailer brake, 3:42 ratio, and rear load leveling suspension on LS & LT's, the LTZ already has it with the MRC. But this is an old as I see now so you probably already know haha.

That's correct for 2015+ 5.3L Tahoes. The max trailering in the 5.3L also includes the 3.42 gears. All the 6.2L RST Tahoes with 4x4 have the 2 speed transfer case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts