24 and warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have aftermarket 20's on my Tahoe now. I have the money to get new rims but my dad keeps saying that if I get bigger rims and something messes up Chevy can say the warranty is void?
Thanks for any answers.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not so fast. I rode with a tech two weeks ago who tried to suggest that by putting different 22"s on my truck (despite the fact they are FACTORY OPTIONAL GM 22"s, dammit) I "altered my vehicle from the way it came from the factory." This guy was a complete jerk, and so if you were to run in a service manager like this guy, you could certainly have some problems.

I'm sure that they could say that any drivetrain or tranny issues were caused by the added weight of the wheel, that GM doesn't offer a 24" wheel for that very reason, blah blah blah. You just never know.

I would have said you'll have no problems three weeks ago, but since this last service visit, I'm not convinced that you won't have any problems.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Only prob I have with that is that I have seen Yukons and Escalades that were on the lot brand new with 24's on them. So I would call BS to those service managers. I also have a good friend that is a Tech at a Chevy dealership that said no that it shouldn't void the warranty. Unless you get a jerk of a serivce manager like that.. If you do worry about try to keep the factory wheels for taking it in for service.

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it has alot to do with dealership on whether they make a big deal or not.

OP
OP
Fearz

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if I keep my 20's and just put them on when I go to the dealer? I think that should work.

My bad thanks BlackedOutLT3 you answered my question before I posted it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz