my hoe is sick mayne real sick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
texaschevyryder

texaschevyryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if i can i wanna rebuild but it would be cheaper than a new one then ill do it no more than 1000 if possible i know it may be asking a bit much

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
what do you think about with emissions and your vehicle?? if you dont need emisions then i say throw a crate in it. but if you have to worry about it and such, then rebuild it and make it into a 383... do you know how to do some of the rebuild part or no??

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
IMHO, you can do a really nice rebuild for a grand. A grand on a GM crate engine IDK.

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Costs about $1500 in parts to rebuild into a 383 last time I priced it out. There may be some kits that are a little cheaper.

Only thing for 1k that you will find could be a junkyard rebuild, or craigslist. More than likely for 1k you are looking at replacing as many parts as possible and doing it yourself or buying a friend a lot of beer.

Whereabout in Texas are you man?

OP
OP
texaschevyryder

texaschevyryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Costs about $1500 in parts to rebuild into a 383 last time I priced it out. There may be some kits that are a little cheaper.

Only thing for 1k that you will find could be a junkyard rebuild, or craigslist. More than likely for 1k you are looking at replacing as many parts as possible and doing it yourself or buying a friend a lot of beer.

Whereabout in Texas are you man?

well im from waco but im military stationed in oklahoma now best best they are telling me is looking into a rebuilt motor by jasper engines. gona run me bout 3700 installed....considering taking this route

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Stay away from Jasper engines!!

If you need the truck up and running, go with a low mileage engine from a junkyard.

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from the sound of that video, it is done... I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee once that did the same thing, it cost me about $1800 I believe to have a shop put a used engine in... $900 for the engine and $900 for labor... so if you can find an engine and someone to do it or do it yourself you may make it out at around $1000.... I would have dropped mine in myself but I lived in an apartment at the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts