2022 Denali Ultimate, what is everyone paying right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also think the prices will stay high. If they are selling them right now faster than they can be produced what is their incentive to bring the prices back down? Customers aren't just going to disappear if this is the vehicle they really want
The incentive is to produce them faster than they are now because their competitors will start bringing similar products to the market. Once that happens, the party is over.

Right now, GM is really the only game in town for a volume production 1/2 ton based SUV.

Later in 2022 and in 2023, that will change:

1. Ford will ramp up production of their revised Expedition.
2. Toyota will have the Sequioa
3. Jeep will ramp up production of the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer which are completely new to the segment.
4. Dodge may have the Durango which will be completely new to the segment

Similarities exist in the 1/2 ton pickup market with the F150. Now the new Tundra is being delivered and GM is about to start producing the updated Silverado and Sierra. There are a few forum dealers that will let you order an F150 3-5% below invoice pricing.

By mid 2023, we're going to be well on our way back to the old days.

Savage Pancake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In a world where buyers flush with cash exceed units available there are no rules.
Meh. If you can wait, keep increasing that cash hoard until the recession hits in 2022. By then, the discounts will be a plenty, and you won’t feel like a fool paying for vehicle that has been decontented.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh. If you can wait, keep increasing that cash hoard until the recession hits in 2022. By then, the discounts will be a plenty, and you won’t feel like a fool paying for vehicle that has been decontented.
The only issue is we don’t know if it will happen in 2022, 2023 or 2030 and given current inflation levels hoarding cash (outside of a 6-12 mo emergency fund) doesn’t seem the smart thing to do.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am (willingly) one of those suckers, bought mine in Renton. Ours was listed online for msrp but was told by the salesguy that's not the real price so I would not believe any number you see online as the final price. The big dealers around Seattle don't think there are suckers willing to pay over msrp, they KNOW the suckers are plentiful. There was a denali and an escalade also being picked up by happy new owners while I was there. Was chatting with the salesguy for about an hour before taking delivery and he said they're getting $140K for an escalade and they can't get em fast enough to supply the demand
I'd get a 911 for that kinda money.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By mid 2023, we're going to be well on our way back to the old days.
Well, that remains to be seen... But if you need a vehicle in the 0–6-month range, (Which most people lurking on this forum do...) mid 2023 is light years away. Plus, MSRP's will increase with Inflation every chance they get. SO, a 2023 could easily be a +5K sticker by then...

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that remains to be seen... But if you need a vehicle in the 0–6-month range, (Which most people lurking on this forum do...) mid 2023 is light years away. Plus, MSRP's will increase with Inflation every chance they get. SO, a 2023 could easily be a +5K sticker by then...
I doubt that most people on this forum "need" a vehicle that bad. I see a lot of them trading in trucks 1-3 years old, some after only 6 months. Mine almost 12 years old, and while I may like a newer truck, I don't really need one.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason these people are trading so soon is the HIGHLY increased value of their present vehicle. If some one offered you more than you paid new after driving it for 2 years, wouldn’t you seriously consider it too?

Savage Pancake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The only issue is we don’t know if it will happen in 2022, 2023 or 2030 and given current inflation levels hoarding cash (outside of a 6-12 mo emergency fund) doesn’t seem the smart thing to do.
Agree, can’t time the market but given everything going on, it’s nigh.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

With the way the market is going, I may end up ordering a 1/2 ton pickup and push off the full size SUV purchase until 2024+ to replace our midsize SUV. You can order a new F150 at 3-5% below invoice pricing not including any additional Ford incentives at the moment. That's probably because Ford knows the Toyota just started Tundra deliveries and GM is about to start delivering updated 2022 1/2 ton pickups in March 2022. They want to capture market share before their competitors get that opportunity.

GM will be in a similar position as Ford for the full size SUV market in about 6 months. The full size SUV market is going to be even more of a buyer's market once the market settles back down because it is actually experiencing the introduction of brand new models from multiple makes instead of just updates and revisions like the 1/2 ton pickup market.

I doubt that most people on this forum "need" a vehicle that bad. I see a lot of them trading in trucks 1-3 years old, some after only 6 months. Mine almost 12 years old, and while I may like a newer truck, I don't really need one.

The only reason these people are trading so soon is the HIGHLY increased value of their present vehicle. If some one offered you more than you paid new after driving it for 2 years, wouldn’t you seriously consider it too?

I agree. It's not a "need". It's a nice to have. But I'm not going to voluntarily get owned on a matter of principle so I'll wait it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRSB16

Latest posts