2020 Tahoe lack of back up camera quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The issue is that these vehicles came out in 2014, so even in 2020 these parts were not updated. The lack of HD on the screen is also an issue.

If there is an upgraded camera I would definitely buy.

koachdaddy

Reaction score
While the resolution quality is less than desirable, I'm not driving in reverse so it's not that big a deal to me.

The part that I can't get past is how ridiculously bright it is at night. Go to backup and bam, the whole cabin is blasted with light. With this in your face combined with tinted windows, I can't see damn-it in the mirrors either...frickin ridiculous.

I mentioned it to the dealer in Dec/Jan and the service writer mentioned that there was supposed to be a TSB issued. Literally just got off the phone with local dealer- no TSB as of today.

jets

Reaction score
While the resolution is not the best I have no complaints with the backup camera at all. To all those that are saying the light is too bright at night-the dimmer roll switch beside the headlight switch should be rolled down to the first notch. I see many people I know that don't realize that keeping that roller all the way up keeps the illumination at max. In the first notch down the lights will dim when headlights are active. Not to mention if the switch is rolled down further the screen and dash illumination decreases to almost off.

I added a thin glass screen protector onto the display and it really improves the contrast and glossiness of the colors displayed. The best part was install was real easy since the screen can be raised up to improve access while installing it. It is no longer washed out and dull looking.

BEFORE
SR2SR.md.jpg

AFTER
SR2S8.md.jpg
SR2S6.md.jpg

Attachments

• SR2SR.jpg
    SR2SR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • SR2S8.jpg
    SR2S8.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • SR2S6.jpg
    SR2S6.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any complaints about the screen. It’s the crappy camera resolution and camera night sensitivity that I can’t stand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019