2018 Chevy Tahoe Police Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazedfost78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently bought 2018 police edition Tahoe. Everything checked out great but never bothered to test USB and Power Outlets. Noticed none of them worked along with the rear climate control panel in the backseat. Pulled dash apart and found 3-4 disconnected wires but no corresponding harness to plug them into. My assumption is that when they removed police laptop they simply disregarded reconnecting the power outlets. Checked all fuses and they appear good minus the encapsulated 20A fuses which you cannot simply look at to determine if blown. I have appointment with dealership scheduled for later this month but would really love to avoid their ridiculous charges. Open to any and all suggestions :) Thanks for the help

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently bought 2018 police edition Tahoe. Everything checked out great but never bothered to test USB and Power Outlets. Noticed none of them worked along with the rear climate control panel in the backseat. Pulled dash apart and found 3-4 disconnected wires but no corresponding harness to plug them into. My assumption is that when they removed police laptop they simply disregarded reconnecting the power outlets. Checked all fuses and they appear good minus the encapsulated 20A fuses which you cannot simply look at to determine if blown. I have appointment with dealership scheduled for later this month but would really love to avoid their ridiculous charges. Open to any and all suggestions :) Thanks for the help
That seems to be a common thing when one is sold on the consumer market. Several on here have found ways to track down circuits to use to power the USBs. I never worried about it with mine. I built my own console and used the under dash power buss for it.

OP
OP
C

crazedfost78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No because I followed the wired to the interior of the console where the outlets are located. It has a bypass of sorts that also power the ones just beneath the dash panel. Reasonable response for sure cuz that is what I thought at first. I am going to get up underneath the vehicle tomorrow around the firewall area to see if there is a dangling plug resting on a bracket or something. I sense the answer is right in my face lol

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My hands are always behind my back in the back seat.
And with my hands cuffed I can't use my cell phone so the USB is useless.
And the folks driving figure because I'm cuffed I won't be able to use the climate controls back there anyway.

And greetings, welcome to TYF from the streets of NY! Let's see some pics of that 2018 Tahoe!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the folks driving figure because I'm cuffed I won't be able to use the climate controls back there anyway.

And greetings, welcome to TYF from the streets of NY! Let's see some pics of that 2018 Tahoe!
IMG_3125.jpeg

OP
OP
C

crazedfost78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

So true! I have no issues with the police setting things up their way lol I just wanna know how to get it my way.

Attachments

• 1967A65C-2D44-4A51-B298-03A26ADF2BCF.JPEG
    1967A65C-2D44-4A51-B298-03A26ADF2BCF.JPEG
    497.9 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
C

crazedfost78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That seems to be a common thing when one is sold on the consumer market. Several on here have found ways to track down circuits to use to power the USBs. I never worried about it with mine. I built my own console and used the under dash power buss for it.
You saying "common" as in when a police edition is bought it often has inoperative power outlets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo