2016 Yukon XL Accessories: Plasti Dip Wheels and Emblems, Chrome moldings, High/Low/Fog LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AngelXL

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally LED fog light bulbs are here.

20161020_200603.jpg

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice work! ...has anyone else noticed when going with a brighter backup bulb that the night time (reverse camera)view is degraded due to the excessive brightness? I had the same issue with my jeep. I believe the set cam exposure from factory is setup for the dimmer halogen softer light. Is the new LED style brighter, sure, but in my opinion it's almost a worthless upgrade if the backup cam quality suffers. Would like to hear others thoughts?

tarheelblue

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nice work! ...has anyone else noticed when going with a brighter backup bulb that the night time (reverse camera)view is degraded due to the excessive brightness? I had the same issue with my jeep. I believe the set cam exposure from factory is setup for the dimmer halogen softer light. Is the new LED style brighter, sure, but in my opinion it's almost a worthless upgrade if the backup cam quality suffers. Would like to hear others thoughts?

Yes I have the same problem with my LED reverse lights if the surrounding area is very dark - blurry, low res looking image. If there is some other ambient light or even just stepping on the brake pedal the image improves greatly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
AngelXL

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True but for the amount of times I get to use it at night time. Plus Is pretty bright where I'm at. No biggy on my end. My 16 Lexus GX is the same thing and it came wth OEM LEDs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
revrae