2016 Yukon Xbox Hook Up (Works Flawlessly) - FYI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyHauler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had posted a thread a while ago. Not sure if others have tried, but figured I'd share the knowledge.

My kids play travel hockey (and we'll often have other kids in tow with us). Road trip plus Xbox for 12 year olds? No brainer.

I was able to get it to work - VERY easily. The rear entertainment system has a power outlet and composite (R/Y/W) connection. No idea why a 2016 vehicle would have a connection SPECIFICALLY for game systems but with composite and not HDMI makes zero sense, but oh well.

All you need is an HDMI to Composite converter. I got this one from Amazon ($31) and works great. Hopefully it lasts (2 trips so far, so good).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DSSCBZ8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Simple:

1. Plug in Xbox to power outlet to back of center console
2. HDMI cable from Xbox to Converter box.
3. Converter box composite to ports in back of center console
4. DO NOT put the little USB cable on the back of the converter box to the USB port in center console (it confuses the entertainment system). Don't need it. Not sure if the converter is getting power from the Xbox or what, but it just works.
4. Use the remote for the ent system (NOT the front touch screen). Select 'AUX'
5. Wireless headphones tuned to Screen 2 (for a regular Yukon).

Done!

Works flawlessly. Kids play Xbox in back and driver/front passenger can listen to the entertainment system as they wish.

#lifechanging :)

Enjoy.

lilmac

Reaction score
Doesn't really pertain to me as I have an SLE, but did you check if voltage and wattage was compatible? I understand that you got it working, but doesn't mean it's entirely gravy.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't really pertain to me as I have an SLE, but did you check if voltage and wattage was compatible? I understand that you got it working, but doesn't mean it's entirely gravy.
I disagree. Why else would they stick 110v house plug and an HDMI port (2017) back there?

Sweet setup. Do you leave the Xbox in all of the time or do you throw it in for trips? Are you able to fit it under the seat or anything creative? Or do you have to hope your kids don't step on it?

zambonidriver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was this an Xbox one? I ask because the power draw is different. Been trying with trying this myself, I already have the converter. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bardog

Reaction score
another option which I believe will produce a better picture. I think it has to be plugged into USB for power. https://www.amazon.com/Tendak-Compo...1490036662&sr=1-4&keywords=hdmi+to+av+adapter.

(I used this on my old 07 denali to power a playstation, just ordered it again and will try with my 2016 denali and Xbox One.)

Jon,

Hi, did you ever buy that converter and put it into use? I'm looking at doing the same thing and wondering if you have to power it via the USB port. Thanks a lot...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2015YukonDen

Latest posts