2016 Yukon Denali won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slackerwil

Reaction score
Here's my issue. Just drove it last night with no issues. Come this morning, truck won't start, nothing. Couldn't even use my remote key fob. Had to open door manually with the key. Nothing turns on in the truck, no lights, nothing. Tried to jump the battery but no change, still nothing is working. Any ideas?

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks! Very weird... keep us posted.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check battery voltage?

Could try disconnecting battery for about 30 mins and then reconnect and see if it resets?

OP
OP
slackerwil

slackerwil

Reaction score
Did you check battery voltage?

Could try disconnecting battery for about 30 mins and then reconnect and see if it resets?
I'm out of town and luckily stuck in the lot of my hotel. Don't have battery meter but will try disconnecting battery.

Batterycap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2 year old Interstate battery just flat out died. Never discount the battery being the cause. Even if its not, it's one of the cheaper fixes one can do in the process of diagnoses. Plus, afterwards you have a new battery.

tk_hill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me on my 15 Denali. I drove home and 45 mins later the car wouldn't start. Completely dead. I check all fuses I could find, etc. I had to call Onstar and get a tow to the dealership. Dead cell in the battery after only 10K miles.

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 has done this since day 1. The dealer replaced my battery 4 times saying it was bad. The last time was just out of waranty they said bad battery again. i told them they are full of crap and used that bad batt for another 3 yrs. So it finally did die and replaced it last year. I haven't had a problem for 3yrs untill this week. dead batt twice after sitting only a few hrs. Had the alt and batt checked today and both are good. Just some electrical ghost that prevents power to the starter i think.
I did find that if you get the click and won't start, disconect the pos batt terminal for about 5 min then reconect,then it will usually start.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^You've put up with that for a decade? It sounds like it's time to get something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^You've put up with that for a decade? It sounds like it's time to get something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats always in the back of my mind. Just when i think i'm ready for a new one, something always comes up so i have to put it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truckinscooby

Latest posts