2016 Denali XL - GMC Refused to buyback!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you find out where this valve is located? Apparently opening it permanently didn't solve the problem.
Somewhere in the exhaust system. It's called a pressure valve. I don't really feel the cabin pressure as bad (it was so bad my ears were popping constantly). What amazes me is that I bought the car with 2 miles. It now has 2,000 and I've had 3 bad tires, a bad valve and now a new exhaust. WTF is next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped the Denali back at the dealer today. Will update once I return to get it.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Denali today. The shop manager (nice fella Mr Bill) took a short one mile ride with me. We returned back in the service lane and he told the advisor it feels like it was on square wheels. I got back in the loaner and drove off.

nitehawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has any one suggested to swap out all 4 tires at the same time. That way at least the rubber will come from the same batch

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one suggested to swap out all 4 tires at the same time. That way at least the rubber will come from the same batch

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Nope.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just fired off this email to the GMC lady who opened a case for me 45 days ago.

e9899cac774aa939e096543f4a30d58a.jpg

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point, you're severely wasting your time (to clarify, GM is wasting your time). Get the lemon law lawyer right this second, and follow his/her instructions to the letter.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree

You're like the dude at the bar buying a girl drinks all night long but too timid to ask her to go home so some random comes in, asks the question and steals her away

Walk to the GM and ask him to unwind the deal and/or ask Kristie

I wrote this before - you have to become part of the solution - ask for what you want, they are not going to offer it to you

If they say no, you go LL

In my history of cars, I've had 3 lemons all different dealers but all were resolved without having to get a lawyer - I was just professional but firm with the GM about what we needed to do

Good luck

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Denali again this afternoon. This time, I took a co-worker with me in case I went postal and snapped on them. They replaced another tire as it was "out of spec". So far that's 4 tires replaced for the low speed vibration (24-45mph).

We pulled out of the bay, drove one mile and went straight back to the service line. Vibration was so bad my coworker said "there's no way this is right!"

The general manager of service got in the car with us. He drove the same route and acknowledged the vibration. He said "I honestly don't know if we can do anything else to make this better Brandon. Let's grab another one off the lot and drive it."

We all jumped in a 2017 Denali Yukon XL. It had 22 miles on it and the vibration was actually WORSE than mine. When we returned he sent that new one straight to service.

They are going to try and work a deal for a new set of Michelin tires and try that. At this point, they pretty much said I would just have to live with it.

Here is the supporting service info from the last 2 visits. One for vibration and one for the "drone"
efb15c28c3613cfc447a1ef898cb1b5d.jpg
1d876ccac4fe343fd1641d8e6cd96752.jpg