2016 Denali XL - GMC Refused to buyback!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the service advisor and dealership acknowledge the issue I don't think you will need an attorney. GA lemon law is pretty clear. They get 3 tries...You notify them in writing......they get one more try. If still not fixed the buy back process begins.
Gotcha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as an FYI, from what I've read from other posters on this board, once you have retained a lawyer and begin the lemon law process the dealership won't do much else for you and you'll have to deal with GM directly at that point.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as an FYI, from what I've read from other posters on this board, once you have retained a lawyer and begin the lemon law process the dealership won't do much else for you and you'll have to deal with GM directly at that point.
Ok so In the case should I ask the dealer to take the car back? I haven't even made my 1st payment yet.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so In the case should I ask the dealer to take the car back? I haven't even made my 1st payment yet.

I've never been through the process myself and have just read what others have posted on here. However, I would personally try to exhaust all options via the dealership first and then take it to a lawyer and GM if nothing is getting resolved by the dealership.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GM Engineers recommended a new exhaust system. Dealer says the tires all RFBd within specs. At this point... I want another one. I want the exact same vehicle just one that runs/rides like it's suppose to.

I intend to send this thread, a copy of all service records and a log of all my time/convo/visits to the owner of the dealership and GMC via certified mail next week. I will give them notice of my intention to retain a "lemon law" attorney unless they would like to swap it out before I go down that road.

I guess I'm a positive note, at least my service advisor and tech are acknowledging the issue and not making me feel like I'm crazy.

Does your service paperwork show in writing that they acknowledge the issue, tried a fix, issue still present?

You MUST get a copy of all correct paperwork before you tell them you're going lemon law - they will not give it to you afterwards

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your service paperwork show in writing that they acknowledge the issue, tried a fix, issue still present?

You MUST get a copy of all correct paperwork before you tell them you're going lemon law - they will not give it to you afterwards
It doesn't read that way... but each time I bring it back, they acknowledge the issue is present.

FJ40INTOW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I read this entire thread and do hope you find resolution. Before I bought my 2017 Yukon Denali I test drove a 2016. It had the low speed vibration that you talked about. The dealer said it was the magnetic shocks being too sensitive and that they could be dialed in. Who knows if he is correct. The buffeting/sound pressure. I noticed it when my daughter rolled down a window some. It was very annoying. I cracked a front window and it went away. I do hope you(they) can find issue soon!

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His email response to my complaints a8bcf6616a6e6fc0babb6dfd984d426b.jpg

mck024

Reaction score
Did you find out where this valve is located? Apparently opening it permanently didn't solve the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401