2016 Denali XL - GMC Refused to buyback!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, and it should ready very similar to what they said to you in person ie tech drove, felt significant vibration, etc replacing motor mounts next

I've seen service dept say one thing but then note "vehicle performing within spec" on the actual service paperwork to hinder a future lemon law issue
Yeah that's my concern.... I called GMC and updated my case with them. I told them exactly what the dealer said to me and even the fact they didn't release the service record and wanted to mail it. They said that was odd... and she said she was sending my information to the customer satisfaction rep at the dealer for review. She provided his name and said he would be in touch in 24 hours.

I need to stress... this isn't buyers remorse. I've driven Yukons for years and that's all I drive. This one is Effed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are unable to RF under a certain number, then I believe you have grounds to
Yeah that's my concern.... I called GMC and updated my case with them. I told them exactly what the dealer said to me and even the fact they didn't release the service record and wanted to mail it. They said that was odd... and she said she was sending my information to the customer satisfaction rep at the dealer for review. She provided his name and said he would be in touch in 24 hours.

I need to stress... this isn't buyers remorse. I've driven Yukons for years and that's all I drive. This one is Effed!

unfortunately , this is the case with many of these trucks. Hopefully you'll get it resolved or get a new truck!

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update - Denali back in the shop. I have 5 kids and they put me in an Acadia claiming they only have one Yukon in their loaner fleet. I asked them to setup a rental... this is their problem and I need to learn to ask for what I want rather than being a pushover.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Georgia lemon law gives them 3 attempts to fix it. Additionally O.C.G.A. Section 10-1-783(d) requires them to give you a detailed repair order every time they attempt a repair.

I'd get a copy of yesterday's RO (closed out) as soon as you can. They know that by "leaving the ticket open" yesterday and today's repairs can count as one attempt.

Good info from the Georgia Attorney Generals office regarding the Lemon Law can be found at consumer.ga.gov/lemonlaw

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Georgia lemon law gives them 3 attempts to fix it. Additionally O.C.G.A. Section 10-1-783(d) requires them to give you a detailed repair order every time they attempt a repair.

I'd get a copy of yesterday's RO (closed out) as soon as you can. They know that by "leaving the ticket open" yesterday and today's repairs can count as one attempt.

Good info from the Georgia Attorney Generals office regarding the Lemon Law can be found at consumer.ga.gov/lemonlaw
Understood. When I asked for the ticket from yesterday, I was told "it was left open". How do I address that?

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update - Picked up vehicle and had long conversation with service manager. Pretty nice guy overall. Said he drove the vehicle and he didn't see/feel anything abnormal or that "he could make better for me." Whatever that means.

Today they installed new motor mounts which did fix the idle issue.

Service manager drove the vehicle on 400 at 70mph and said nothing felt abnormal to him.

Overall just disappointed with the vehicle. Really amazed at how loud the cabin is. How I can hear other cars passing by... I swear my 2015.5 was so quite in the cabin.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low speed vibration still there.... I'm not sure what my next move is since the service manager drove it and said - "I don't think there's anything else we can do to make it better than what it is."

Haven't even begun to address the damn thing making my ears pop and making the kids have headaches. Just total nightmare. Knew it going in though.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low speed vibration still there.... I'm not sure what my next move is since the service manager drove it and said - "I don't think there's anything else we can do to make it better than what it is."

Haven't even begun to address the damn thing making my ears pop and making the kids have headaches. Just total nightmare. Knew it going in though.

So they fixed the high speed 75+ vibration? If so, that's awesome. One issue down.

What's the low speed vibration? AFM? IF so that's an easy fix.

As for ear pressure, did you speak with them about it? Check the active noise canceling. If your car is loud AND your ears are bothering you perhaps there is an issue with it.

nitehawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Take it to a triple A garage see if you can get an independent opinion and then go back with it in hand to your dealer and send the report to customercare gather as much proof as you can .you will need it . Also as soon as the vehicle leave the shop the ticket should be closed . Plane and simple. It is your right to demand that . If it is released due to parts waiting then they should close the ticket and the reopen or revenue when the part is installed. Sometime garages Don, t close the tickets so that they can charge back Corporate . Mention this when you contact Corporate.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamrash