2016 Denali XL - GMC Refused to buyback!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tenbigblinds, are you here in the ATL? If so, who is your dealer? That makes a huge difference.

I nearly bought a 2015 Certified Yukon over the weekend....until I drove it. Hood shook and it boomed so bad that it made me nauseous on a 5 mile interstate speed test drive. I may end up with another NNBS based on my experience.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carl Black Roswell. I bought my 2015 at Carl Black Kennesaw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Opened a case with GM and returned to dealer (Carl Black - Roswell) for service this morning. Bill (been with dealer for 7 years) rode with me this morning. He identified and agreed with the "rough idle" stating they have a service bulletin on that. "Engine Mounts" he said.

He also clearly felt the vibration between 32-45mph. He said "you can turn around... that's pretty bad." Once we arrived back in service bay he informed the service advisor about the rough idle as well as the vibration.

He went further to say - "the vibration is probably due to hard spots in the tires or excessive road force."

Let's see what they do to attempt to fix it. We didn't get into the cabin pressure issue due to the short length of the test drive.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Opened a case with GM and returned to dealer (Carl Black - Roswell) for service this morning. Bill (been with dealer for 7 years) rode with me this morning. He identified and agreed with the "rough idle" stating they have a service bulletin on that. "Engine Mounts" he said.

He also clearly felt the vibration between 32-45mph. He said "you can turn around... that's pretty bad." Once we arrived back in service bay he informed the service advisor about the rough idle as well as the vibration.

He went further to say - "the vibration is probably due to hard spots in the tires or excessive road force."

Let's see what they do to attempt to fix it. We didn't get into the cabin pressure issue due to the short length of the test drive.

Ah yes. Flat spots.

Well, let's see what they do. I believe lemon laws kick in if they try to fix the same thing 3 times without resolution.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah yes. Flat spots.

Well, let's see what they do. I believe lemon laws kick in if they try to fix the same thing 3 times without resolution.

Can I demand they replace the tires? Or do I have to wait.... and bring it back again once the vibration starts back? It's really bad.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I demand they replace the tires? Or do I have to wait.... and bring it back again once the vibration starts back? It's really bad.

No idea. Did they do a pico test? I think you get a loaner and leave it until they have fixed the vibration.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea. Did they do a pico test? I think you get a loaner and leave it until they have fixed the vibration.

I've been here since 11. They have offered no loaner.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.... service advisor just informed me that the front right and rear left tires are "bad". Whatever that means.

Should I just allow them to go through whatever they think necessary and continue to bring the car back each time? Or should I demand a new set of tires. Pretty frustrating.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of people are trying to help you here on this forum, and we're all pulling for you.
Having said that, it's up to you to stand up, talk to the GM folks at the dealership in person, clearly and calmly state what you want, and keep pushing until you get it.

Good luck!

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of people are trying to help you here on this forum, and we're all pulling for you.
Having said that, it's up to you to stand up, talk to the GM folks at the dealership in person, clearly and calmly state what you want, and keep pushing until you get it.

Good luck!
Would the better approach be to allow them to tell me what's wrong and attempt to fix it? If I start off demanding.... I'm not sure I can win anyone over that way. That's sort of my logic and thought process. If I have to come back in for the same issues 3 times... that will kick in the lemon law condition in Georgia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_hyde