2015 Tahoe LT aftermarket radio install help needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcschwandt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I am installing aftermarket radio to my 2015 Tahoe LT with Bose. I installed the radio using the RP-5 GM51 harness. I am stumped on 2 things.

The instructions say I have to extend the speaker wires from the harnes to the Bose amplifier speaker outputs so I’m curious wouldn’t that make it sound like crap bypassing the amp or is there a way to hook the audio to the audio input in the amp?

Also I have the gm backup camera adapter harness but I can’t find the backup camera plug. Can anyone tell me where it is?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I am not familiar with the exact physical inputs to the Bose amp, but from what you say the instructions tell you, it would seem that it is telling you to bypass the Bose amplifier entirely. and, if followed, you would have to disconnect the Bose amp.

Other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in. @swathdiver ?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the '15+ trucks.

I always recommend the Maestro unit as it retains all the factory functionality.

falconK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the '15+ trucks.

I always recommend the Maestro unit as it retains all the factory functionality.
Which "Maestro Unit" are you referring to? Could you post the part number, model or any identifier I need to look for it?
I'm installing an aftermarket radio on my 2015 Tahoe PPV, and I'd like to know which interfaces/adaptors I need to complete this.
Any help identifying the proper unit for my vehicle will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Which "Maestro Unit" are you referring to? Could you post the part number, model or any identifier I need to look for it?
I'm installing an aftermarket radio on my 2015 Tahoe PPV, and I'd like to know which interfaces/adaptors I need to complete this.
Any help identifying the proper unit for my vehicle will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
The one I used was the Idatalink Maestro RR, they have an RR2 out now as well, not a lot of difference between them and if you have no use for the additional features then there is no need to pay for them. You will need to get whatever adapter harnesses that fit your truck. As mentioned, I have a GMT 900 and don't know if the harnesses would be the same for the '15+ trucks or not.

Check out their website and plug in your truck's info to see what you need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia