2015 GMC 20-22-24 inch replica wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure! I myself really haven't seen much in the way of the variety of how these current gorgeous Factory Reproduction Wheels look on just a basic stock OBS 4x4 Tahoe/Yukon, without lifts, drops, spindles, bags, etc.

Hoping such experiences, and pics will further enforce such, that these wheels will "breathe new life" into these OBS models. Since many possess same offset, one would then be able to get a good idea how such wheels sit, and tuck under a bone stock GM OBS SUV.

All wheels in and out, and even all lugs before mounting will be treated to a coating of Carpro CQuartz UK Ceramic Coating. Had plans on using this on my Tahoe's Paint, but if I run out in the process of "CQuartz'ing" the entire vehicle, I know where to get more.

The Nitto 421Q 285/45-22 Tires will be treated with Carpro PERL Dressing, and/or Optimum Opti-Bond, both are water based non-silicone durable Dressings.
Mark

Stop talking like that. This is not AGO

Hahahhahahhahah. Just kidding

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels arrive, totally blown away!

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

A couple of peek a boos, to make you folks drool all over you putters!

Oh yeah, these are the 22x9's! Gorgeous!

Just killer! I've seen tens of thousands of wheels in my lifetime, this was the best pick for me.

These wheels from Tony took exactly 46 hours, from the time I clicked pay, to the time they were on my doorstep.

Flawless, the chroming, no cosmetic issues, the packing from Factory Reps is totally professional, superb, the boxes are humungous looked like they shipped me 26's!

Hat's off big time and then some, to Tony, Fed Ex and Factory Reps.

So beautiful, I've had thoughts of just putting these wheels over my fireplace mantel!

For sure these will be a conversation piece whevever I go.

One special aspect of these wheels, the designer, a freaking master he was, designed these with a different rim lip bevel in between every spoke.
Really cool how they did this!

Didn't know that from any pics I've seen. This will no doubt reflect light from everwhere,

To say I'm totally blown away is an understatement.

Thank you Tony for your top flight professional help and your first class professional service to us customers!

(shipping weight on these 4 wheels, 204 lbs! Wow!)
Mark

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 27682

View attachment 27683

A couple of peek a boos, to make you folks drool all over you putters!

Oh yeah, these are the 22x9's! Gorgeous!

Just killer! I've seen tens of thousands of wheels in my lifetime, this was the best pick for me.

These wheels from Tony took exactly 46 hours, from the time I clicked pay, to the time they were on my doorstep.

Flawless, the chroming, no cosmetic issues, the packing from Factory Reps is totally professional, superb, the boxes are humungous looked like they shipped me 26's!

Hat's off big time and then some, to Tony, Fed Ex and Factory Reps.

So beautiful, I've had thoughts of just putting these wheels over my fireplace mantel!

For sure these will be a conversation piece whevever I go.

One special aspect of these wheels, the designer, a freaking master he was, designed these with a different rim lip bevel in between every spoke.
Really cool how they did this!

Didn't know that from any pics I've seen. This will no doubt reflect light from everwhere,

To say I'm totally blown away is an understatement.

Thank you Tony for your top flight professional help and your first class professional service to us customers!

(shipping weight on these 4 wheels, 204 lbs! Wow!)
Mark

What's the actual weight of one wheel?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
weight on box is more. one wheels is 42 pounds

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, and in a private conversation with Tony, I believe he said the CK375 was 37 lbs in 20" and 42 lbs in 22".

Again, I examined a couple of the wheels this morning, and with the best of my abilities, very carefully placed one of them (with Foam Ring which weighs nothing) onto a bathroom scale.

Now this for sure is a tough balancing act, trying to accurately support such a large wheel onto a smallish home bathroom scale, but with the best of my abilities it appeared this Denali Repro 22" Wheel was actually pushing closer to 44-45 lbs.

Sure, I could be off 2-4 lbs either way, as it is a tough balancing act for sure. One would need a commercial scale to better get an accurate weight reading.

I will take an educated guess, and assume, that for any given size (20"-22"-24"-etc) of the "typical" Factory Reproduction Wheel, that the Barrels will all weigh the same.

But that there might be a variance of weight dependent upon just how much "meat", meaning metal remains in the center of the wheel. Smaller thinner, or lesser Spokes may influence total weight?

Looking at the Texas Edition Repros, with their 5 huge, thick meaty spokes, perhaps these might way more than some of the others? Not sure about this though, just guessing, and probably factory reproductions,or their dealer network can give more accurate answers than I can.

What I will like checking when I then have the opportunity, is trying to figure to some extent, and some reasonable accuracy, is "just how much weight I gained", weighing one of my 16x8.5 chrome aftermarket wheels with 275-70-16 Michelin LTX that are currently on my Hoe , versus the 22x9 Denali Wheel and the Nitto 421Q in 285/45-22?

Oh for sure I'm putting on some pounds! But of course as I close this post, many 100's of people do this sort of upgrade with larger wheels-tires. Yes, one can assume some degree of accelerated wear to suspension components, brakes, and an effect on mileage-performance as well.
Those are the sacrifices one makes.
Mark

Last edited:

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent posts Mark

Thanks

A friend that I chat with on a regular basis, and was at one time a Discount Tire Employee guessed that I'd be gaining about an easy 20-25 lbs at each corner.

I originally balked at that and thought to myself "no way", but re-thinking some more, he may actually be right on the mark?

I have gotten a set (box of 32 in fact) Gorilla Splined Chrome Lugs from our local Discount Tire a couple days ago. They come with a special Socket, and total with tax was $53. Guess they come packed 32 to a box for either 6, or 8 Lug Applications.

I liked the fact that all Lugs on board will match, there won't be 5 regular Lugs, then a Lock, which usually then sticks out like a sore thumb.

Plus I have 8 spares on hand, having spare Lugs is a good thing.

But these 14mmx150 Gorilla Lugs do possess a quite "skinny-anorexic" diameter.

These Denali Repros do have a fairly large Lug Hole, meaning they can probably take-accomodate any diameter Lug of correct thread-length made on the market, and still offer ample clearance for Sockets without gouging-scraping the living hell out of the Lug Nut Holes.

Thus, with these more slender Gorilla Lugs, the downside will be I'll still be seeing quite a bit of "Lug Hole" around the Lugs. The Lug Holes have a more "silver" appearance.

Torque Specs for the 14mm Lugs with the accompanying paperwork with the Wheel state 75-95 ft lbs torque. Seems a little light, I'll probably sick to the upper range, and most likely will torque all to 100 ft lbs.

About the only thing I could find minor fault with, and I'm sure this is true of virtually all of these Factory Reproductions wheels in Chrome. That the inside of the Barrel is not in some high mirror finish, and does not of course possess the same quality of polish or chrome as the Faces do.

I note that the outside of the barrel, an area you will never see once the tire is mounted actually looks better than the inside.

Yes, I'm sure there's quite many custom rims that might be better in this regard, and no doubt one will also pay for such extra attention to finish detail as well!

Otherwise, the finished faces and the chrome plating on the faces of my particular set are absolutely beautiful. Cannot find one tiny error of finishing-polishing, or plating.

After going through about 7 sets of custom wheels in the past on past rides, and most usually flunked with such attention to quality finishing-plating, this is truly a "first".
Mark

Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What size tire do you have on the truck now?

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DSCN0288.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg
What size tire do you have on the truck now?

Are you asking me Tony? If so, a Michelin LTX M/S in 275/70-16.
I think these weigh in at 39 lbs/ea. Will have to look to see if I can find what the Nitto 421Q in 285/45-22 weighs? Oh yeah, my existing tires they shine, they gleam, but they're shot to hell, I don't trust them to run down to the local 7-11. Thus, "Baby needs New Shoes"! :)

I took the Gorilla Splned Lug set back to Discount Tire this afternoon for refund. While they would've worked fine, and I had no qualms about the quality, and plating, they just did not look compatible,or good with this Factory Repro Wheel.

The Lug Holes on these wheels are quite large, and those Gorillas looked like little sewing thimbles in there.

But I think I have the answer.......GM!

AFAIK, the Lug Studs on these Hoes/Kons have been the same since the beginning of time, 14mm x 1.50. And I'd also assume these Repro Wheels are exact faithful copies of any GM Factory Wheel.

In fact, I would not disbelieve if they are in fact one and the same, the only difference is, if you walk into a GM Parts Counter, these wheels, probably made by the exact same manufacturer will run you 4-5 times as much money.

I believe GM-Chevy, or some online OEM Parts Vendor will be the answer to finding nirvana with a gorgeous Lug Set to match a gorgeous Wheel!

One that looks like it belongs, and will cosmetically showcase these killer wheels. I'm sure GM also has optional "locks", I'll look into that too.

I'm pretty sick of "Acorn" styled lugs, they're ugly, and so '60's looking IMO.
Mark

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris