2015+ Gas Pedal Mount Flexing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlueLB756

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2016 had a medium-annoying pulsating/roughness/stutter/stumble at initial throttle tip-in from a stop. I used "search" and didn't find any info. Went to another truck forum and ran across a very interesting thread some of you might like. I tried the Cheap-@$$ fix shown and was really impressed with the results.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/167606-gas-pedal-flex-solution/

Was it just my imagination, or is this something to make a Hoe run better?

Last edited:

BluVelvet2xHo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
BigBlue, thanks for posting this link in the intake thread I had going. I checked out my gas pedal mounting last night & couldn't believe there was so much flex in the mounting. The pedals are mounted to a big piece of plastic that mounts to the firewall but doesn't seem like it's flat on there. I plan to use a piece of strap aluminum with a notch in it to go around that stud/nut locations. I'm guessing it'll only need to be a couple inches long by 1" tall or so. When I make something, I'll takes pics before it's installed & share with the group.

Thanks for this info!!

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2ea T-30 screws to remove the pedal then, 3ea 10mm nuts (the third is hidden behind the assembly, it helps to adjust the pedals until you can see it clearly through the access hole) to remove the assembly behind the pedal and, wham, you have easier access to the area. I slipped in a thick washer. I also used silicone adhesive, that super glue stuff will loosen up after a bit with the road vibrations and such.

Also, don't use something compressible (like wood) as it will eventually flatten and you're back in the same boat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645