2013 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fluid film is great for keeping rust at bay.

OP
OP
P

preston123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yup- it has the heavy duty cooling package and 3.42 rear gear. Since it has the 6-speed auto trans, that gear ratio is the taller one associated with the towing package. The standard is 3.08. With the older 4-speed autos, 3.73 was the "big" gear.
Oh yeah my first car was a 02 Tahoe with a 4x4 5.3L and I remember it had that rear end. We sold it with 300k and still running strong

OP
OP
P

preston123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Take care of it and it will take care of you. I bought my '08 at 146K, tore the engine down at 200K, liked what I saw and put it back together pretty much as-is except for AFM delete, new oil pump, timing set, etc. I then proceeded to add a mild performance cam, minor head work to raise compression and a looser torque converter. I now beat on it regularly. I even took the fam on a 1,500-mile trip to Tampa, FL and hauled back a 900lb golf cart on a 400lb trailer and a full cargo hold, confidently and in comfort while averaging 17MPG.

Being a 2013, you have the latest and greatest version of this generation. I don't think they changed anything of any significance for 2014. The AFM system is about the only real concern with these. But, yours should have the most updated variants of the parts and you're keeping clean oil in it, which is the best thing you could possibly do. Keep the transmission happy, too. I highly recommend a Black Bear tune to clean up the factory throttle and shift characteristics to not only greatly improve the drivability, but to prolong the life of the transmission.

As for towing, how big a boat are you talking about? What areas will you be towing in? Does your Yukon have the factory tow package? Post up a pic of your RPO sticker located on the inside of the glove box door.
Also I think I need to do something to the transmission. I felt it shifting kind of weird recently

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I think I need to do something to the transmission. I felt it shifting kind of weird recently

It's never a bad thing to watch out for. First is to make sure the fluid is at the proper level and clean. Also, make sure your MAF is clean. I can't stress enough how good an investment in a good tune is. With how much a trans costs to be repaired or rebuilt, a tune that can very likely prolong the transmission's life is a bargain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON