2013 Tahoe Grinding noise coming from the rear end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Langori

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a 2013 LTZ and when the ignition is ON, I hear this grinding noise coming from the rear end and it stops after 4 seconds. It sounds like something is engaging. Any ideas will be appreciated.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Sounds like a blend door actuator may be cycling. That is assuming you have rear a/c and heater. I should not assume, it is there. I think it will be around the passenger side rear wheel hump and see if you can duplicate and listen in there. I don't know what the rear layout is, so maybe in an overhead or left side. Others will chime in with more info.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a 2013 LTZ and when the ignition is ON, I hear this grinding noise coming from the rear end and it stops after 4 seconds. It sounds like something is engaging. Any ideas will be appreciated.
Air compressor for the autoride suspension. It will usually kick on a few seconds after starting to do a self test and/or inflate the rear shocks.

Its located behind the drivers rear wheelwell. Next time, start the vehicle and get out and listen in that area for a few seconds and see if that's it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

Langori

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Air compressor for the autoride suspension. It will usually kick on a few seconds after starting to do a self test and/or inflate the rear shocks.

Its located behind the drivers rear wheelwell. Next time, start the vehicle and get out and listen in that area for a few seconds and see if that's it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667