2013 (07-14) OEM backup camera and location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering what the location is of the factory equipped backup camera (and what camera is the factory backup camera?)

Also, I am looking for a NAV/RADIO upgrade in my Tahoe, should I go with factory OEM? Any suggestions welcome.

thanks,

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I saw some of them, I am not sure, but from what I see on mine, there is somewhat of an opening, I have to double check. I saw some cameras that have 6 wires (and they seem to be common on GM vehicles?

A few of the 'appliques' I saw showed the back too, where the camera wire connects to a plug in the wiring harness. (wonder if I'd be that lucky to have that AND if that harness actually leads anywhere.

I did some 'research over the past few weeks. The nicer NAV-Radios seem to have a connector for the rear audio (but I don't know if that that is going to work in the sense that it will actually play sound/video. (first of all there's no display).
But anyway, the NAV-Radio does have the camera capability, so we'll see if that might work.

Ron