2011 Tahoe AC Intermittently Shutting Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE DONALD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Chevy Tahoe which developed an issue with the air conditioning. 99% of the time it does well except it just would suddenly cut out intermittently for a few seconds and then come on back to normal. It cools excellent when it’s working. The episodes are getting closer and closer has anyone experienced it and does anyone know what this is

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have you been able to see if the compressor shuts off during these times? Maybe a blend door actuator failing intermittently?

OP
OP
T

THE DONALD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. The compressor is turning and when it starts blowing again, it is immediately cold

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Chevy Tahoe which developed an issue with the air conditioning. 99% of the time it does well except it just would suddenly cut out intermittently for a few seconds and then come on back to normal. It cools excellent when it’s working. The episodes are getting closer and closer has anyone experienced it and does anyone know what this is
That's usually a sign that it is low on refrigerant. Been happening a lot lately with our 900s, they're getting up there in age. Mine sprang a leak just sitting in the driveway while I was in the hospital earlier this year.

Don't trust those little gauges on the cans to properly re-charge the system. The proper way is to evacuate, leak test, vacuum the system and re-charge using the weighted amount and for that you'll need a vacuum pump and a set of manifold gauges (Harbor Freight). Or take it to the dealer for a $150 examination and re-charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada