2010 yukon tire lock up? HELP!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I had the air on full blast, and the button that has the car picture and a C in the middle of it on, it blows cold air when that's turned on I don't like using the AC. anyways sterio blasting. I noticed this weird shaking and my tires squealing like crazy for a half mile. it started when I made a turn. I pulled over with engine running and heard this loud Pop on the driver rear.... what the hell is going on? no dummy lights on dash no codes, no gauge errors.
is the abs broke? its breaking fine, had a oil change 1k mile ago full synthetic. before I waste time going to get warranty repair I want to see if anyone here has a Idea?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you ran over something and it might have got wedged in the wheel well Maybe a rock between the brake shield and rotor. I don't think it's a waste of time getting it checked out.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you ran over something and it might have got wedged in the wheel well Maybe a rock between the brake shield and rotor. I don't think it's a waste of time getting it checked out.
it's all four tires, sorry I wasn't very spacific. truck is running fine. I'm at work now have been since I posted this, no flat tires?

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean it felt like I was in 4Low even tho my truck isn't four wheel drive, and it left skid type marks for a block. not sure if that's a abs issue, transmission issue or what....

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's attached to your transmission if you have 4WD, but since you said yours is not, that is not your problem.

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duh. I should have read it better. I just assumed yours was 4wd. Did you figure it out yet?

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duh. I should have read it better. I just assumed yours was 4wd. Did you figure it out yet?
nope, I also want to know what made the loud POP! sound. maybe a backfire? After I stopped out it in park I went to the rear end and I hear this POP! rear spare is fine, tires look good, did a visual inspection this morning and truck drove fine.... this all happened when I had the blower going with cold air, stereo full blast. maybe I'll try it again tmrw... I have two days off. Next week I'm driving 13hours north for a week vacation and my truck needs to be reliable. my warranty is $500 deductible no matter the issue but I don't have no 500 bones!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645