2010 Yukon 6.2l Lifter help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Giordano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
took to dealership diagnosed as #5 cylinder misfire lifters need to be replaced, price was 5000 without cam, brought to a different shop was told just to replace lifters around 1800, told them to proceed, long story short, had vehicle towed home after shop removed intake and heads, car is home with heads and intake in the back. Shop closed down by BAR. What should I do? I need my car I am on disability with limited resources

Sangster

Reaction score
Call AAA.....enroll. Wait the 3 day waiting period and then have it towed to a new shop for free. Have new shop fix it. Drive it home.

davidzog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replacing the AFM Lifters is a fix, but only temporary in my opinon....the lifter problem often returns.

I replaced the cam, lifters, oil pump, and all related gaskets with an AFM Delete kit. I bought the whole kit from AM Racing for $650 or there abouts. Many of the parts in the kit are OEM GM. Of course, now you'd have to do the work yourself putting it all back together. They reprogrammed the computer for an additional $76.

Not knowing your mechanical skills, this could be a problem. Maybe you could look for a local mechanic that does work on the side that would install the parts for you.

Good luck.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Replacing the AFM Lifters is a fix, but only temporary in my opinon....the lifter problem often returns.

I replaced the cam, lifters, oil pump, and all related gaskets with an AFM Delete kit. I bought the whole kit from AM Racing for $650 or there abouts. Many of the parts in the kit are OEM GM. Of course, now you'd have to do the work yourself putting it all back together. They reprogrammed the computer for an additional $76.

Not knowing your mechanical skills, this could be a problem. Maybe you could look for a local mechanic that does work on the side that would install the parts for you.

Good luck.

Just wondering when you did this swap was the cam tough to get out? ie' front crossmember,radiator,ac,trans cooler,grill all has to be removed correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84