2010 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmuszynski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up 2010 Tahoe PPV with 250k miles. Pleasantly surprised it had a GM replacement tranny, was a former MD State Police cruiser. Currently installing all new brakes, shocks/struts, trans and coolant lines.
Curious has anyone ever removed the rear A/C-Heat components, seems redundant in this. Not sure if worth the trouble.
20231226215224-8a6e6930-493f-44ae-9d59-470a0bb2bcde.jpg

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to simplify things too..

But I have heard the A/C will struggle in hot climates without the rear.
There was a recent thread about the lack of rear heat, and it was cold for the passengers..

Besides, the rear heater should add some extra cooling system capacity right?

OP
OP
R

rmuszynski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like to simplify things too..

But I have heard the A/C will struggle in hot climates without the rear.
There was a recent thread about the lack of rear heat, and it was cold for the passengers..

Besides, the rear heater should add some extra cooling system capacity right?
Good point, i had not thought of that.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

waveryd

Reaction score
I have had several Suburbans, Yukons, and Tahoes with rear heat/ac. If it is hot or cold, you will want it to work. There is no benefit in removing it unless you are building a race car.

blondie70

Reaction score
I'm putting the rear heater out of service when I do a coolant flush. Removing the tees at the firewall and going straight into heater core with the hoses. The AC is different. Probably take a little soldering to omit it...(plus a pumpdown and refill of refrigerant.) Think I will leave it alone for now...also...I intend to hook the heater hoses directly to the heater core pipes that stick out of firewall. I think the plastic fittings are a weak point Will use new heater hoses also.
Good Luck

OP
OP
R

rmuszynski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had several Suburbans, Yukons, and Tahoes with rear heat/ac. If it is hot or cold, you will want it to work. There is no benefit in removing it unless you are building a race car.
Appreciate the feedback, I am going to leave in place and focus on other areas.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I'm putting the rear heater out of service when I do a coolant flush. Removing the tees at the firewall and going straight into heater core with the hoses. The AC is different. Probably take a little soldering to omit it...(plus a pumpdown and refill of refrigerant.) Think I will leave it alone for now...also...I intend to hook the heater hoses directly to the heater core pipes that stick out of firewall. I think the plastic fittings are a weak point Will use new heater hoses also.
Good Luck
Those plastic heater hose fittings work fine until they don't. Lol. They don't intially catastrophically fail though, they will leak first giving you plenty of warning. I think I replaced mine around 150k (204k now) so they have some longevity. If I remember right, they are incorporated to the hose. Some guys change the ends to standard fittings and hose clamps.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of the reason I bought the dorman hose, the ends have spring clamps and you could replace the hose section by itself, even though its the plastic that will likely fail first..

Also the reservoir "T" (more of a "y") is metal on the dorman.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019