2010 tahoe no start with Remote start no DTC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
ok so for the past few weeks it has been really cold here in ny like 20s at night, and i have been having issues with my remote start. ill press lock and it will blink and honk then when i hit the remote starter the lights will blink like its going to start then nothing happens. if start it with the key then shut it off and try the remote start it works. then shut it off and try again it wont start with the remote. last week it wouldn't even start with the key, no lights nothing, then i would try again and it would work fine, then i would shut it off and try again and the lights would go on but no crank, the whole time theres no codes. i replaced the 175amp fuse on the battery cable and that all stopped. but today a few times it was having a hard time cranking the starter. battery voltage not running is 12.6. do you think the battery is shot? its a 2010 with 43k original battery. also, if i leave the radio on for 2 minutes or less with the engine off i get the battery low start vehicle message, but this is nothing new, I'm going to check for corrosion on my starter wires tomorrow but i doubt thats the problem since its only the remote start that does not work. i mean it gets the signal to start since the lights flash , just no crank. but sometimes ill get one little click, then nothing, I'm leaning towards a battery issue, what do you guys think and whats a good replacement battery?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so for the past few weeks it has been really cold here in ny like 20s at night, and i have been having issues with my remote start. ill press lock and it will blink and honk then when i hit the remote starter the lights will blink like its going to start then nothing happens. if start it with the key then shut it off and try the remote start it works. then shut it off and try again it wont start with the remote. last week it wouldn't even start with the key, no lights nothing, then i would try again and it would work fine, then i would shut it off and try again and the lights would go on but no crank, the whole time theres no codes. i replaced the 175amp fuse on the battery cable and that all stopped. but today a few times it was having a hard time cranking the starter. battery voltage not running is 12.6. do you think the battery is shot? its a 2010 with 43k original battery. also, if i leave the radio on for 2 minutes or less with the engine off i get the battery low start vehicle message, but this is nothing new, I'm going to check for corrosion on my starter wires tomorrow but i doubt thats the problem since its only the remote start that does not work. i mean it gets the signal to start since the lights flash , just no crank. but sometimes ill get one little click, then nothing, I'm leaning towards a battery issue, what do you guys think and whats a good replacement battery?

baddohtentahoe,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Tahoe remote start. Do you have a 2-way remote? Would you please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I can look into this further for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84