2010 nav radio in my 2007 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone.i have an 2007 Escalade ESV.i was thinking of swapping my oem double slot nav radio to one from a 2010 model.i was wondering if there are any benefits to doing this.my radio works fine but I can get the 2010 from a friend who just changed his out for a new Sony model.i guess if there's no real benefits I probably shouldn't bother.let me know if anyone knows the difference in these 2 radios please.thank you.

ccole

Reaction score
Swapping from one factory head unit to another model is more challenging than one would think. You'll need to verify the RPO code is the same for both vehicles, verify the audio package(Bose vs Bose Premium), have the dealer code the radio to your vin, etc. I may be off on some of the requirements but my overall point is, you would have to be extraordinarily lucky for your buddies head unit to drop in to your truck.
You should be able to find more accurate information through a couple forum searches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz